2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Towing Capacity & Features
The new GMC Sierra 2500 lineup offers elevated performance capabilities, with a variety of engine options and packages. Check out the towing numbers and some key trailering features on this heavy-duty pickup, and then test drive it at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks near Eielson Air Force Base. Here, we have a number of new vehicle specials taking place right now!
GMC Sierra 2500 Towing Capacity
The 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 is offered with a max conventional towing capacity of 13,000 pounds. When equipped with the available gooseneck/fifth-wheel towing package and the Duramax® 6.6L turbo-diesel V8, the Sierra 2500 achieves a max available towing capacity of 15,400 pounds.
GMC Sierra 2500 Towing Features
The GMC Sierra 2500 HD makes trailering heavy loads easy. In addition to the raw towing specs on this heavy-duty pickup, Fort Wainwright area drivers will also have access to a range of towing features, including:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View – This advanced rear camera system allows you to see behind your truck and behind your trailer and helps make it easier to maneuver your trailer while in reverse.
- Electric Parking Brake Assist – This feature automatically applies the brakes after backing up in order to prevent additional movement.
- Hitch Area Lighting – Hook up your trailer connections more easily with this hitch area lighting system.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller – When you brake, your trailer brakes. And now, this system comes with brake level settings for specific trailers.
- Tow/Haul Mode – This feature adjusts transmission gearing for trailering performance.
- Trailer Sway Control – This system automatically applies brake pressure and torque to specific wheels to keep your trailer in your lane.
- Automatic Grade Braking – This feature automatically slows the truck down on sharp declines, in order to reduce brake wear.
- Trailering App – This new app comes with features like customizable trailer profiles, trailer tire pressure monitoring, and a trailer light test.
Find All the New GMC Trucks for Sale in Fairbanks, AK!
Check out the differences between Sierra models, which include the Sierra 1500, Sierra 2500, and Sierra 3500, and then schedule a test drive at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks, conveniently located at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK near North Pole. Our dealership is open seven days a week, and you can contact us online.