What Is the 2020 GMC Terrain Towing Capacity?
Shopping for an SUV in North Pole with serious capabilities? Look no further than the 2020 GMC Terrain, available at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks. The GMC Terrain towing capacity reaches up to 3,500 pounds, allowing it to easily transition from your everyday commuter to your trusted companion on weekend adventures. No matter which of the GMC Terrain configurations you opt for, you will bring home a beast of an SUV. Learn more about GMC Terrain towing and GMC Terrain payload before you get behind the wheel in Fairbanks!
How Much Can the GMC Terrain Tow?
The GMC Terrain towing specs are dependent on which one of the two available engines you opt for. Here’s a detailed look at each option:
- 1.5L Gas Turbocharged Engine
- 1,500-pound GMC towing capacity
- 971-pound GMC Terrain payload
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- 2.0L Gas Turbocharged Engine
- 3,500-pound GMC towing capacity
- 1,049-pound GMC Terrain payload
- 252 hp
- 260 lb-ft of torque
Unsure how much GMC Terrain towing you need for your purposes? With the 1.5L engine, a 1,500-pound towing capacity is enough to haul a small trailer or pop-up tent trailer. With the 2.0L engine, a 3,500-pound towing capacity is enough to tow a small boat or a couple of ATVs.
Tow Better with the GMC Terrain Traction Select System
To complement the 2020 GMC Terrain towing, models equipped with all-wheel drive feature the Traction Select System. Trailer through Eielson Air Force Base confidently with the ability to switch between the following modes:
- FWD: This mode works to decrease your fuel consumption on Anchorage drives by mechanically disconnecting the rear axle, eliminating drag.
- AWD: When you shit into AWD mode, vehicle power is automatically sent to all four wheels, creating greater traction when the roads are slick.
- Off-Road: When you’re heading off-road, this mode automatically adjusts the AWD system to offer greater traction and stability control on dirt, gravel, and sand.
- Available Tow/Haul Mode: With this mode, your GMC towing experience is made simpler with Trailer Sway Control. Meanwhile, when you’re unloading on a boat ramp or driving down uneven roads, the system will automatically engage AWD mode to help you out.
Learn More About GMC Terrain Towing at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
Impressed with the GMC Terrain towing capacity and ready to get behind the wheel? Visit us in Fairbanks or contact us to set up a test drive! While you’re here, you can explore our entire Terrain inventory and explore its well-appointed interior before comparing it to the GMC Acadia – a larger three-row option. Be sure to ask about our latest selection of new vehicle specials, and apply for financing online if you’d like to get pre-approved! Interested in exploring other GMC SUVs? Take a look at the Acadia configurations to see what you think of this larger three-row option.
Learn More About GMC Model Features
The new GMC Acadia interior offers the perfect blend of utility and luxury to soothe any North Pole driver. The GMC Acadia seating has room for seven and all will ride comfortably with a bevy of amenities surrounding each passenger. You can bring all of your friends, family, and gear along on your next Fort Wainwright adventure…
The 2020 GMC Yukon towing capacity reaches up to 8,500 pounds, and this SUV in general offers impressive performance and design elements that other full-size SUVs simply cannot match. You will be sure to turn heads in your sleek and powerful Yukon whether you are hauling cargo through North Pole or seamlessly towing a trailer on…
The GMC Acadia is a powerful SUV with an impressive towing capacity and a spacious interior with seating for up to seven people. Pair this with tough powertrain options and an engine that can handle even the toughest terrain around Fairbanks, and it’s the perfect SUV for work or play. Learn more about the…