What Is the 2020 GMC Terrain Towing Capacity?
Shopping for an SUV in North Pole with serious capabilities? Look no further than the 2020 GMC Terrain, available at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks. The GMC Terrain towing capacity reaches up to 3,500 pounds, allowing it to easily transition from your everyday commuter to your trusted companion on weekend adventures. Learn more about GMC Terrain towing and GMC Terrain payload before you get behind the wheel in Fairbanks!
How Much Can the GMC Terrain Tow?
The GMC Terrain towing specs are dependent on which one of the two available engines you opt for. Here’s a detailed look at each option:
- 1.5L Gas Turbocharged Engine
- 1,500-pound GMC towing capacity
- 971-pound GMC Terrain payload
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- 2.0L Gas Turbocharged Engine
- 3,500-pound GMC towing capacity
- 1,049-pound GMC Terrain payload
- 252 hp
- 260 lb-ft of torque
Unsure how much GMC Terrain towing you need for your purposes? With the 1.5L engine, a 1,500-pound towing capacity is enough to haul a small trailer or pop-up tent trailer. With the 2.0L engine, a 3,500-pound towing capacity is enough to tow a small boat or a couple of ATVs.
Tow Better with the GMC Terrain Traction Select System
To complement the 2020 GMC Terrain towing, models equipped with all-wheel drive feature the Traction Select System. Trailer through Eielson Air Force Base confidently with the ability to switch between the following modes:
- FWD: This mode works to decrease your fuel consumption on Anchorage drives by mechanically disconnecting the rear axle, eliminating drag.
- AWD: When you shit into AWD mode, vehicle power is automatically sent to all four wheels, creating greater traction when the roads are slick.
- Off-Road: When you’re heading off-road, this mode automatically adjusts the AWD system to offer greater traction and stability control on dirt, gravel, and sand.
- Available Tow/Haul Mode: With this mode, your GMC towing experience is made simpler with Trailer Sway Control. Meanwhile, when you’re unloading on a boat ramp or driving down uneven roads, the system will automatically engage AWD mode to help you out.
Learn More About GMC Terrain Towing at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
Impressed with the GMC Terrain towing capacity and ready to get behind the wheel? Visit us in Fairbanks or contact us to set up a test drive! While you’re here, you can explore our entire Terrain inventory and explore its well-appointed interior. Be sure to ask about our latest selection of new vehicle specials, and apply for financing online if you’d like to get pre-approved! Interested in exploring other GMC SUVs? Take a look at the Acadia configurations to see what you think of this larger three-row option.
Learn More About GMC Model Features
There are four exciting trim levels available for the new GMC Acadia: the SLE, SLT, AT4, and Denali. Moving up the line, North Pole shoppers will find new additions like a powerful V6 engine, high-end interior features, advanced technology, and so much more. So, which of the 2020 GMC Acadia configurations is right for you? Find…
Searching for a tough pickup truck that won’t hold you back on North Pole job sites? The new GMC Sierra 2500HD is up to the task. When properly equipped with a 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine and a Crew Cab, the 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 towing capacity can reach up to 18,500 pounds maximum. Learn more about…
Shopping for an SUV in North Pole with serious capabilities? Look no further than the 2020 GMC Terrain, available at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks. The GMC Terrain towing capacity reaches up to 3,500 pounds, allowing it to easily transition from your everyday commuter to your trusted companion on weekend adventures. Learn more about GMC Terrain towing and GMC Terrain…