2020 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity
The 2020 GMC Yukon towing capacity reaches up to 8,500 pounds, and this SUV in general offers impressive performance and design elements that other full-size SUVs simply cannot match. You will be sure to turn heads in your sleek and powerful Yukon whether you are hauling cargo through North Pole or seamlessly towing a trailer on your next Fort Wainwright adventure. Learn more about the Yukon towing capacity with Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks in our guide below!
How Much Can the 2020 GMC Yukon Tow?
Under the hood of the base trim Yukon SLE, you will find a powerful 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 engine that delivers 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque with the ability to tow up to 8,500 pounds.
For 2020, GMC towing specs are bolstered by the standard Yukon trailering hitch featuring a seven-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a seven-way connect, and 2-inch trailering receiver. With the available Heavy-Duty Trailering package upgrade, drivers can expect the features listed above, as well as:
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension with Rear Air Leveler
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Two-Speed Active Transfer Case on 4WD Models Only
- Yukon Maximum Payload: 1,705 lbs
- Yukon Maximum Towing: Up to 8,500 pounds
- Yukon XL Maximum Towing: Up to 8,3000 pounds
2020 GMC Yukon Towing Safety Technology
The 2020 GMC Yukon offers advanced safety and performance technology to help you reach the Yukon towing capacity limit with confidence. Features built to improve your towing experience as you trailer through the Eielson Airforce Base area include:
- Trailer Brake Control: Take control of your trailer’s braking system with controls comfortably located behind the steering wheel.
- Hill Start Assist: This feature gives you time to switch from the brake to the accelerator by holding the trailer brakes for you. This can be incredibly handy when trailering your Yukon on a steep incline or under similar conditions.
- Trailer Sway Control: With the impressive available Yukon cargo space, you will have room for all of your gear and passengers. Trailer Sway Control works to keep everyone in the cabin safe by making sure your new Yukon and trailer are headed in the same direction. The StabiliTrak sensors actively detect when your trailer is swaying and can adapt for you.
Experience the Yukon’s Towing Capabilities at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
If you want to experience what the new GMC Yukon is truly capable of, visit us in Fairbanks today. Our team can help you learn more about the 2020 Yukon towing specs, available features, and can set you up for a thrilling test drive. Explore our current inventory, Yukon lease deals, and get an idea of what your monthly payments will look like with our payment calculator. Contact us online for more details!