2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity is 13,300 pounds when properly equipped. Not only is the Chevy Silverado towing capacity impressive, but this truck is also built stronger with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame. Learn more about the new Chevy Silverado towing capacity with Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks today!
2021 Silverado Towing Capacity by Engine
Choosing from five different engine options in the new Silverado. The Chevy Silverado towing capacity varies by engine type. Explore the specific towing capabilities below:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: The factory-grade Silverado 1500 base engine creates up to 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, making for a 7,000-pound towing capacity.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This larger engine is slightly lower with 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque, but it features a higher Chevy Silverado towing capacity at 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: Capable of towing up to 11,600 pounds, the 5.3L V8 engine generates 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: If you need the maximum 13,300-pound towing capacity, this is the engine configuration you’ll want to opt for. Better still, it’s capable of producing 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque!
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Prefer a diesel powertrain option? The V6 Turbo-Diesel can tow up to 9,500 pounds, with an output of 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The new Silverado offers plenty of towing innovations for your Fairbanks jobs. A few of the standard and optional towing features you’ll find in this new Chevy truck include:
- Optional Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado: Extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado will give you a clearer view of your blind spots, assisting when you need to merge or change lanes with a trailer in tow around Fairbanks.
- Standard Trailering Package: Standard on every new Silverado 1500 model, the Trailering Package provides everything you need to take advantage of the Chevy Silverado towing capacity. This package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, an automatic locking rear differential, a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector, and a 4-pin connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This optional Trailering Package upgrade is available on select trims and offers revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, and more.
Test Out the Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks!
Once you’re ready to upgrade your hauling jobs with the new Chevy Silverado, check out our exclusive new vehicle specials! If you have any questions, contact us today to schedule a test drive at our dealership in Fairbanks!
Explore More Chevy Models & Features
If you’re in need of a rugged pickup that can do it all on Alaska roads, then you’ll be impressed with how much you can haul with the expanded 2021 GMC Sierrabed sizes. With several cab options with various cargo measurements, you can find the perfect fit for your next job with this sturdy…
While the 2021 Buick Encore presents plenty of versatility for your Fairbanks commute, it also provides added strength with the 1,000-pound towing capacity you’ll have on the GX model. Built with stellar engineering along with a range of towing and safety features to support you, there’s plenty of ways to take on work and…
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity is 13,300 pounds when properly equipped. Not only is the Chevy Silverado towing capacity impressive, but this truck is also built stronger with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame. Learn more about the new Chevy Silverado towing capacity with Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks today! View 1500 Models Contact Us View All Trucks…