2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2021 GMC Sierra is one of the most popular vehicles on the market. When including the entire towing package, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 can tow around 11,800 pounds. This makes it a great half-ton pickup for towing trailers around North Pole and beyond. For more information on the towing capabilities of the 2021 GMC Sierra, check with our experts at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks in Fairbanks!
How Much Can the 2021 GMC Sierra Tow?
Due to its powerful 6.2L V8 engine and the addition of the Max Trailering Package, the 2021 GMC Sierra can tow up to 11,800 pounds. However, its towing capacity is dependent on the size, styles, and features you get with the trim of your choice. There are a few different configurations on the Sierra, here are a few:
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
2021 GMC Sierra Towing Features: Available Upgrades
The GMC Sierra has various towing packages available. Let’s go over a few of them here:
- Max Trailering Package: The Max Trailering Package provides you with the full 11,800-pound towing capacity. This is made possible through the addition of a 9.76 inch rear axle, and 3.42 rear axle ratio, improved shocks, more robust rear springs, improved cooling system, and increased alternator current of 220 amps.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Monitoring trailer brakes is a breeze with the Sierra, with its easy-to-access control buttons located on the center console.
- Trailering Camera Package: Multiple cameras make parking with a trailer much easier. The Sierra includes two cameras mounted on the side-view mirrors which make it easier to park and switch lanes when towing a large load.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: The industry-leading Sierra includes an electronic parking brake system that automatically applies when the truck is put in park to prevent any accidents, such as the truck rolling away. This feature will kick in when you are using the built-in hitch view.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: The Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode automatically adjusts how often the truck shifts, the StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping as you switch between drive modes.
GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System
The GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System is a series of high-resolution cameras that provides increased visibility, and streams directly to the large infotainment display. There is also a smartphone app that makes it a breeze to tow any trailer through Fort Wainwright.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: The intuitive hitch guidance system makes it very easy to connect your trailer. With this feature, many are even able to hitch up on the first attempt.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: This makes it safer and easier than ever to check your trailer lights to ensure they are operating correctly with the light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: The trailering and phone app allows you to have a comprehensive trailer checklist prior to hitting the road. This includes theft detection and programmable trailer brake settings.
Test Drive the New GMC Sierra Today at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
Are you ready to tow with the immense power provided by the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500? Check out our available inventory for the new Sierra 1500 today! If you are interested in a new Sierra or any other vehicle, you can get pre-qualified online from the comfort of your home in Eielson Airforce Base.
More About the 2021 Sierra 1500
The 2021 GMC Sierra is one of the most popular vehicles on the market. When including the entire towing package, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 can tow around 11,800 pounds. This makes it a great half-ton pickup for towing trailers around North Pole and beyond. For more information on the towing capabilities of the 2021 GMC…
The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 trim levels include six options, including the base model, SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4 and Denali. There are three available cab configurations: regular cab, double cab, and crew cab which gives GMC Sierra 1500 fans ample choices when buying their new pickup truck. Fort Wainwright drivers can check out the impressive trim…
If you’re in need of a rugged pickup that can do it all on Alaska roads, then you’ll be impressed with how much you can haul with the expanded 2021 GMC Sierra bed sizes. With several cab options with various cargo measurements, you can find the perfect fit for your next job with this…