Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist for Sale in Fairbanks, AK
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so we’ve put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (ie. sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Buick, Chevrolet, GMC on the list of top options.) You should check prices online using Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive through varying roads, making sure you can drive through the snow. You want to know the vehicle can handle going from North Pole to Fort Eielson as well as a quick trip around central Fairbanks.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $10,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle. Additionally, expect stronger peace of mind and even warranty coverage.
Check Out the Used Vehicle Inventory at Chevrolet GMC of Fairbanks
You should find a wide selection of used GMC, Buick, and Chevrolet models in our online inventory. Contact us today.
Latest News from Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
The GMC Canyon is a midsize pickup truck that has the necessary power and premium features to get you around North Pole and beyond. Trim levels for the 2022 GMC Canyon start at $26,800 and come in 3 different trims that Fort Wainwright drivers can select from when visiting Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks. Find out more about GMC Canyon…
Looking for a family-friendly sedan in North Pole that meets your driving needs and then some? When it comes to car shopping, matching for personality fit is equally as important as hard, cold specs. It’s with that in mind that we offer the following exposé of 2022 Chevy Malibu colors. Whether you’re looking for information on…
This first-ever all-electric 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV will be the first of its kind and sure to impress! The electric truck power, electric Silverado range, and electric Silverado horsepower are all unique aspects of the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV that make it one of the most anticipated pickup trucks in the market. At Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks, we’re…
Used Buick, Chevrolet, GMC Inventory at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks