Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist for Sale in Fairbanks, AK
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so we’ve put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (ie. sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Buick, Chevrolet, GMC on the list of top options.) You should check prices online using Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive through varying roads, making sure you can drive through the snow. You want to know the vehicle can handle going from North Pole to Fort Eielson as well as a quick trip around central Fairbanks.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $10,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle. Additionally, expect stronger peace of mind and even warranty coverage.
Check Out the Used Vehicle Inventory at Chevrolet GMC of Fairbanks
You should find a wide selection of used GMC, Buick, and Chevrolet models in our online inventory. Contact us today.
Latest News from Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
Want a fuel-efficient SUV for your commutes to North Pole? Look at the 2021 Chevy Equinox. With 26 mpg city / 31 mpg highway fuel economy on its base-level engine, expect to be impressed. Keep reading to learn more about the Chevy Equinox MPG and engine specifications from Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks. View Equinox Inventory Contact Us 2021 Chevy…
Image: If you’re looking for a spacious and versatile compact SUV in North Pole, then it’s time to step inside the 2021 Chevrolet Trax interior. This model offers roomy dimensions, top-notch technology, and premium design that makes every drive a total joy. Take a closer look into the Chevy interior with Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks, and get behind…
When looking for a stylish luxury SUV, the 2021 Buick Encore GX color options certainly deliver. Not only are its capabilities and safety features alluring, but so are the three Encore GX interior colors. Not to mention the array of exterior colors Eielson Airforce Base drivers can choose from when selecting their chosen Encore GX model. Take…
Used Buick, Chevrolet, GMC Inventory at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks