Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist for Sale in Fairbanks, AK
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so we’ve put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (ie. sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Buick, Chevrolet, GMC on the list of top options.) You should check prices online using Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive through varying roads, making sure you can drive through the snow. You want to know the vehicle can handle going from North Pole to Fort Eielson as well as a quick trip around central Fairbanks.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $10,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle. Additionally, expect stronger peace of mind and even warranty coverage.
Check Out the Used Vehicle Inventory at Chevrolet GMC of Fairbanks
You should find a wide selection of used GMC, Buick, and Chevrolet models in our online inventory. Contact us today.
Latest News from Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
When it comes to picking out your next luxury SUV, the 2020 Buick Encore GX colors will have you looking your best at all times on Fairbanks roads. With nine different exterior colors to choose from and five distinct interior colors and seating designs to choose from, there’s plenty of ways to make this…
For the 2020 model year, there are four unique Buick Encore configurations available for North Pole shoppers to choose from, each with an array of desirable equipment and technology to aid you on daily commutes. The 2020 Buick Encore offers the perfect blend of sophistication, style, and performance that Fort Wainwright drivers need in an SUV. While…
Shopping for a new compact SUV that is stylish and versatile, just like you? Stop here – the 2020 Chevy Trax, available at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks, is what you’re looking for! The Chevy Trax interior offers flat folding seats and a max cargo volume of 48.4 cubic feet. Not to mention, it’s full to brimming with an impressive array…
Used Buick, Chevrolet, GMC Inventory at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks