Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist for Sale in Fairbanks, AK
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so we’ve put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (ie. sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Buick, Chevrolet, GMC on the list of top options.) You should check prices online using Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive through varying roads, making sure you can drive through the snow. You want to know the vehicle can handle going from North Pole to Fort Eielson as well as a quick trip around central Fairbanks.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $10,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle. Additionally, expect stronger peace of mind and even warranty coverage.
Check Out the Used Vehicle Inventory at Chevrolet GMC of Fairbanks
You should find a wide selection of used GMC, Buick, and Chevrolet models in our online inventory. Contact us today.
Latest News from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
There are four exciting trim levels available for the new GMC Acadia: the SLE, SLT, AT4, and Denali. Moving up the line, North Pole shoppers will find new additions like a powerful V6 engine, high-end interior features, advanced technology, and so much more. So, which of the 2020 GMC Acadia configurations is right for you? Find…
Searching for a tough pickup truck that won’t hold you back on North Pole job sites? The new GMC Sierra 2500HD is up to the task. When properly equipped with a 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine and a Crew Cab, the 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 towing capacity can reach up to 18,500 pounds maximum. Learn more about…
For the 2020 model year, there are four unique Buick Encore configurations available for North Pole shoppers to choose from, each with an array of desirable equipment and technology to aid you on daily commutes. Learn more about all four Buick Encore trim levels with Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks, then visit us in Fairbanks for a test drive! New…
Used Buick, Chevrolet, GMC Inventory at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks