Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist for Sale in Fairbanks, AK
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so we’ve put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (ie. sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Buick, Chevrolet, GMC on the list of top options.) You should check prices online using Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive through varying roads, making sure you can drive through the snow. You want to know the vehicle can handle going from North Pole to Fort Eielson as well as a quick trip around central Fairbanks.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $10,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle. Additionally, expect stronger peace of mind and even warranty coverage.
Check Out the Used Vehicle Inventory at Chevrolet GMC of Fairbanks
You should find a wide selection of used GMC, Buick, and Chevrolet models in our online inventory. Contact us today.
Latest News from Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
If you’re in need of a rugged pickup that can do it all on Alaska roads, then you’ll be impressed with how much you can haul with the expanded 2021 GMC Sierrabed sizes. With several cab options with various cargo measurements, you can find the perfect fit for your next job with this sturdy…
While the 2021 Buick Encore presents plenty of versatility for your Fairbanks commute, it also provides added strength with the 1,000-pound towing capacity you’ll have on the GX model. Built with stellar engineering along with a range of towing and safety features to support you, there’s plenty of ways to take on work and…
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity is 13,300 pounds when properly equipped. Not only is the Chevy Silverado towing capacity impressive, but this truck is also built stronger with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame. Learn more about the new Chevy Silverado towing capacity with Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks today! View 1500 Models Contact Us View All Trucks…
Used Buick, Chevrolet, GMC Inventory at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks