Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist for Sale in Fairbanks, AK
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so we’ve put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (ie. sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Buick, Chevrolet, GMC on the list of top options.) You should check prices online using Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive through varying roads, making sure you can drive through the snow. You want to know the vehicle can handle going from North Pole to Fort Eielson as well as a quick trip around central Fairbanks.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $10,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle. Additionally, expect stronger peace of mind and even warranty coverage.
Check Out the Used Vehicle Inventory at Chevrolet GMC of Fairbanks
You should find a wide selection of used GMC, Buick, and Chevrolet models in our online inventory. Contact us today.
Latest News from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
General Motors (GM) owns GMC (General Motors Truck Company). GM is an American auto manufacturer known for its heavy-duty pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles, such as the GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado. GMC is one of GM’s many subsidiaries, which includes Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and more. Learn more about the GMC brand, manufacturing plants,…
The 2019 GMC Yukon can tow up to 8,500 pounds. This full-size SUV delivers incredible performance so you can drive down the North Pole streets in complete control with confidence. Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks has details about the new Yukon‘s towing abilities, so you can see how easy it is to tow your trailer around Fort Wainwright. New GMC Yukon Contact…
If you are interested in something fun to experience in the North Pole area of Alaska, check out the Northern Lights. After dining at a Fairbanks restaurant or spending a night out on the town, the Northern Lights could be a fantastic end to your evening. If you find yourself in the area during the Aurora…
Used Buick, Chevrolet, GMC Inventory at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks