2019 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity
The 2019 GMC Yukon can tow up to 8,500 pounds. This full-size SUV delivers incredible performance so you can drive down the North Pole streets in complete control with confidence. Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks has details about the new Yukon‘s towing abilities, so you can see how easy it is to tow your trailer around Fort Wainwright.
How Much Can the GMC Yukon Tow?
The Yukon SLE base trim has a 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 engine that delivers 153 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque and can tow up to 8,500 pounds. Each Yukon configuration comes equipped with the standard trailering hitch platform, seven-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a seven-way connect, and two-inch trailering receiver. Eielson Air Force Base drivers can choose the available heavy-duty trailering packages, which features the above, plus:
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension with Rear Air Leveler
- Two-Speed Active Transfer Case on 4WD Models Only
- Yukon Maximum Towing: Up to 8,500 pounds
- Yukon XL Maximum Towing: Up to 8,3000 pounds
Yukon Towing Safety Technology
The new GMC Yukon has the technology that allows you to remain safe while towing your items in the North Pole area:
- Have control of your trailer’s brakes with the available trailer brake controller.
- Hill Start Assist immediately holds the brakes, so you have time to switch from the brake to the accelerator when needed under certain conditions.
- Trailer Sway Control keeps your new Yukon and trailer heading in the same direction. This system uses StabiliTrak sensors that will detect when your trailer is swaying.
Experience the Yukon’s Towing Capabilities at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
Are you ready to see firsthand what the 2019 GMC Yukon can really do? Visit Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks, and we’ll go over the towing ability, available features, and hit the Fairbanks roads for a test drive. Peruse our current inventory, new vehicle specials, and get an estimate on your monthly payments with our payment calculator. Contact us online with any questions!
Learn More at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
There are four exciting trim levels available for the new GMC Acadia: the SLE, SLT, AT4, and Denali. Moving up the line, North Pole shoppers will find new additions like a powerful V6 engine, high-end interior features, advanced technology, and so much more. So, which of the 2020 GMC Acadia configurations is right for you? Find…
Searching for a tough pickup truck that won’t hold you back on North Pole job sites? The new GMC Sierra 2500HD is up to the task. When properly equipped with a 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine and a Crew Cab, the 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 towing capacity can reach up to 18,500 pounds maximum. Learn more about…
For the 2020 model year, there are four unique Buick Encore configurations available for North Pole shoppers to choose from, each with an array of desirable equipment and technology to aid you on daily commutes. Learn more about all four Buick Encore trim levels with Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks, then visit us in Fairbanks for a test drive! New…