What is Homelink?
- Open and close your garage door
- Activate or deactivate your home’s security system
- Activate or deactivate your home’s lights and electronics
As you can see, Homelink is the next generation in car-to-lifestyle connectivity. Learn how to program this system. Then, explore the benefits of Homelink. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks.
How Do I Program Homelink?
Now that you have a partial overview of Homelink, you may want to know how you program the thing. Programming Homelink is quite easy. Simply follow these steps to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- The Homelink unit offers three buttons. It is located above your car’s center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons for a few seconds. Then, the interior lights should flash. This process, in total, should take about 20 seconds. (Keep in mind that holding the first and third buttons is the master reset. You will not need to do this step when connecting other devices to Homelink.)
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, hold the button you would like to program while holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should flash slowly and then rapidly. This succession should indicate that the programming is complete.
- Head on over to your garage. Press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your Chevy. Press the button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You might see the lights on your garage door opener flash. This indicates that the two devices are connecting.
- Voila! There you have it. You’ve connected your garage door opener to your car.
Chevrolet Homelink Benefits
North Pole and Anchorage drivers who have a Homelink-equipped Chevrolet vehicle will enjoy the following benefits:
- Battery-free: Your Chevy’s electrical system powers Homelink. You’ll never have to worry about changing batteries, then.
- Compatibility: Homelink works with nearly every garage door opener or gate system out there. It also works with a range of radio-frequency controlled devices.
- Control for Up to 3 Devices: Enjoy total control with connectivity for up to three devices.
- Easy to Use: As noted above, connecting your vehicle to your home is just a matter of pressing and holding a few buttons.
- Safety and Security: This system will allow you to know whether you left your garage door open. Homelink applications will also give you remote control over in home electronics and applications.
Explore More Chevrolet Technologies at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks!
If you find that you need additional help programming your Homelink, or Chevy MyLink system, the certified service techs at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks can walk you through it. If you’d like more information, or have any questions like how to start your car in the winter, please don’t hesitate to contact us online.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
The new GMC Acadia interior offers the perfect blend of utility and luxury to soothe any North Pole driver. The GMC Acadia seating has room for seven and all will ride comfortably with a bevy of amenities surrounding each passenger. You can bring all of your friends, family, and gear along on your next Fort Wainwright adventure…
The 2020 GMC Yukon towing capacity reaches up to 8,500 pounds, and this SUV in general offers impressive performance and design elements that other full-size SUVs simply cannot match. You will be sure to turn heads in your sleek and powerful Yukon whether you are hauling cargo through North Pole or seamlessly towing a trailer on…
When properly equipped, the Chevy Silverado 2500 can tow an impressive 18,500 pounds. The new 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD won’t let you down, whether you are working hard on the Fort Wainwright jobsite or taking on weekend DIYs near Eielson Air Force Base. Learn more about the Silverado 2500 build options below to select your next work truck. …
The GMC Acadia is a powerful SUV with an impressive towing capacity and a spacious interior with seating for up to seven people. Pair this with tough powertrain options and an engine that can handle even the toughest terrain around Fairbanks, and it’s the perfect SUV for work or play. Learn more about the…
Are you looking for a powerful and family-friendly SUV for those Fairbanks adventures? Did you know that the 2020 Buick Enclave towing capacity can reach a remarkable 5,000 pounds when properly equipped? Learn more about the new 2020 Enclave here, and then head into Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks to explore it in person! View New Enclave InventoryView New Vehicle Specials What Is the Enclave…