What is Homelink?
- Open and close your garage door
- Activate or deactivate your home’s security system
- Activate or deactivate your home’s lights and electronics
As you can see, Homelink is the next generation in car-to-lifestyle connectivity. Learn how to program this system. Then, explore the benefits of Homelink. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks.
How Do I Program Homelink?
Now that you have a partial overview of Homelink, you may want to know how you program the thing. Programming Homelink is quite easy. Simply follow these steps to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- The Homelink unit offers three buttons. It is located above your car’s center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons for a few seconds. Then, the interior lights should flash. This process, in total, should take about 20 seconds. (Keep in mind that holding the first and third buttons is the master reset. You will not need to do this step when connecting other devices to Homelink.)
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, hold the button you would like to program while holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should flash slowly and then rapidly. This succession should indicate that the programming is complete.
- Head on over to your garage. Press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your Chevy. Press the button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You might see the lights on your garage door opener flash. This indicates that the two devices are connecting.
- Voila! There you have it. You’ve connected your garage door opener to your car.
Chevrolet Homelink Benefits
North Pole and Anchorage drivers who have a Homelink-equipped Chevrolet vehicle will enjoy the following benefits:
- Battery-free: Your Chevy’s electrical system powers Homelink. You’ll never have to worry about changing batteries, then.
- Compatibility: Homelink works with nearly every garage door opener or gate system out there. It also works with a range of radio-frequency controlled devices.
- Control for Up to 3 Devices: Enjoy total control with connectivity for up to three devices.
- Easy to Use: As noted above, connecting your vehicle to your home is just a matter of pressing and holding a few buttons.
- Safety and Security: This system will allow you to know whether you left your garage door open. Homelink applications will also give you remote control over in home electronics and applications.
Explore More Chevrolet Technologies at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks!
If you find that you need additional help programming your Homelink, or Chevy MyLink system, the certified service techs at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks can walk you through it. If you’d like more information, or have any questions like how to start your car in the winter, please don’t hesitate to contact us online.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
General Motors (GM) owns GMC (General Motors Truck Company). GM is an American auto manufacturer known for its heavy-duty pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles, such as the GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado. GMC is one of GM’s many subsidiaries, which includes Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and more. Learn more about the GMC brand, manufacturing plants,…
The 2019 GMC Yukon can tow up to 8,500 pounds. This full-size SUV delivers incredible performance so you can drive down the North Pole streets in complete control with confidence. Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks has details about the new Yukon‘s towing abilities, so you can see how easy it is to tow your trailer around Fort Wainwright. New GMC Yukon Contact…
If you are interested in something fun to experience in the North Pole area of Alaska, check out the Northern Lights. After dining at a Fairbanks restaurant or spending a night out on the town, the Northern Lights could be a fantastic end to your evening. If you find yourself in the area during the Aurora…
Chevy MyLink is a connectivity system found throughout the Chevrolet model lineup. Updating the Chevy MyLink software is an easy process. Learn how to update Chevy MyLink – and learn its various benefits – here at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks. Who Founded Chevy? Contact Us Updating Chevy MyLink Software It’s easy: turn on your vehicle and the Chevy MyLink software…
Winter months can wreak havoc on your vehicle, including salting driveways to avoiding potholes. Cold weather can make it difficult to start your vehicle in the morning. A car that runs properly allows you can get to work, run errands, and just maintain normalcy in your life when the North Pole weather is chilly. If your…