What is Homelink?
- Open and close your garage door
- Activate or deactivate your home’s security system
- Activate or deactivate your home’s lights and electronics
As you can see, Homelink is the next generation in car-to-lifestyle connectivity. Learn how to program this system. Then, explore the benefits of Homelink. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks.
How Do I Program Homelink?
Now that you have a partial overview of Homelink, you may want to know how you program the thing. Programming Homelink is quite easy. Simply follow these steps to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- The Homelink unit offers three buttons. It is located above your car’s center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons for a few seconds. Then, the interior lights should flash. This process, in total, should take about 20 seconds. (Keep in mind that holding the first and third buttons is the master reset. You will not need to do this step when connecting other devices to Homelink.)
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, hold the button you would like to program while holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should flash slowly and then rapidly. This succession should indicate that the programming is complete.
- Head on over to your garage. Press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your Chevy. Press the button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You might see the lights on your garage door opener flash. This indicates that the two devices are connecting.
- Voila! There you have it. You’ve connected your garage door opener to your car.
Chevrolet Homelink Benefits
North Pole and Anchorage drivers who have a Homelink-equipped Chevrolet vehicle will enjoy the following benefits:
- Battery-free: Your Chevy’s electrical system powers Homelink. You’ll never have to worry about changing batteries, then.
- Compatibility: Homelink works with nearly every garage door opener or gate system out there. It also works with a range of radio-frequency controlled devices.
- Control for Up to 3 Devices: Enjoy total control with connectivity for up to three devices.
- Easy to Use: As noted above, connecting your vehicle to your home is just a matter of pressing and holding a few buttons.
- Safety and Security: This system will allow you to know whether you left your garage door open. Homelink applications will also give you remote control over in home electronics and applications.
Explore More Chevrolet Technologies at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks!
If you find that you need additional help programming your Homelink, or Chevy MyLink system, the certified service techs at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks can walk you through it. If you’d like more information, or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us online.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
Chevy Homelink is a wireless control system, conveniently built right into your Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Trax, or other Chevy vehicle. Homelink allows North Pole drivers to: Open and close your garage door Activate or deactivate your home’s security system Activate or deactivate your home’s lights and electronics As you can see, Homelink is the next generation…
Those who serve at Fort Wainwright and Eielson Air Force Base know that the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado is one of the industry’s best performers, with previous versions outclassing the Toyota Tundra and the RAM 1500. Even though this is the case, the Chevrolet Silverado sure is easy to customize. North Pole drivers can customize their…
The Chevrolet Motor Car Company was founded on November 3, 1911 in Detroit. It was co-founded by Louis Chevrolet, a Swiss race car driver and automotive engineer, and William C. Durant, the ousted founder of General Motors. Chevrolet is one of the most popular and recognizable automotive brands in the United States, but it’s surprising…
Whether you choose to rotate your tires yourself or you choose to take your vehicle to our service center, tire rotation is a vital maintenance step you shouldn’t miss. In rotating your tires regularly, you’ll see better traction and performance on those sometimes slippery Fairbanks roads. Learn more about tire rotation with the experts at…
The new GMC Sierra 2500 lineup offers elevated performance capabilities, with a variety of engine options and packages. Check out the towing numbers and some key trailering features on this heavy-duty pickup, and then test drive it at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks near Eielson Air Force Base. Here, we have a number of new vehicle specials taking place right…