How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage & from Anchorage to Fairbanks
Whether you’re looking for the best restaurants in Fairbanks, or tips on removing the snow from your driveway without salt, Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks is your guide! So, if you’re planning a trip, use this helpful guide from our staff to help you find your way from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Car – Without any stops, it’s about a 6-hour drive to Anchorage from Fairbanks via AK-3 South, including a scenic drive along the eastern edge of the Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Fairbanks to Anchorage in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Anchorage at 6:15 p.m.
- Airplane – There are around 7-11 flights from Fairbanks to Anchorage every day, with a price range of around $150-$300 for a regular coach ticket. The flight usually takes a little over an hour.
How to Get from Anchorage to Fairbanks
- Car – It’s at least another 6-hour drive north back to Fairbanks from Anchorage via AK-3 North.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Anchorage to Fairbanks in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Anchorage at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Fairbanks at 4:00 p.m.
- Airplane – It takes just under an hour to take a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Flight costs come in around $150-$300, and there’s an average of 6-11 flights per day.
Let Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks Be Your Guide!
Whether you’re looking to find your way around the state, want information about the Northern Lights or the Fairbanks Ice Museum, or you’re shopping for the best new vehicle to get you there, the team of Alaska locals at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks is here to help you out! Contact us directly at (907) 885-0345 any day of the week, or stop by the dealership to check out our current lineup at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
Considering the 2022 GMC Acadia as your next family-friendly crossover SUV in Fairbanks? You may be wondering just how much the GMC Acadia can tow? When properly equipped, the 2022 GMC Acadia towing capacity reaches as much as 4,000 pounds. The 2022 GMC Acadia towing capacity is the same as the 2021 GMC Acadia towing…
The beloved Chevy Suburban is back with all the great features Fort Wainwright drivers love. From the feature-rich 2021 Chevrolet Suburban interior to the comfortable and adaptable Suburban seating, you can see why it’s easy to fall in love with this Chevy model. Take a closer look at the Chevy Suburban interior dimensions and the…
The 2021 GMC Sierra is one of the most popular vehicles on the market. When including the entire towing package, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 can tow around 11,800 pounds. This makes it a great half-ton pickup for towing trailers around North Pole and beyond. For more information on the towing capabilities of the 2021 GMC…