How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage & from Anchorage to Fairbanks
Whether you’re looking for the best restaurants in Fairbanks, or tips on removing the snow from your driveway without salt, Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks is your guide! So, if you’re planning a trip, use this helpful guide from our staff to help you find your way from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Car – Without any stops, it’s about a 6-hour drive to Anchorage from Fairbanks via AK-3 South, including a scenic drive along the eastern edge of the Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Fairbanks to Anchorage in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Anchorage at 6:15 p.m.
- Airplane – There are around 7-11 flights from Fairbanks to Anchorage every day, with a price range of around $150-$300 for a regular coach ticket. The flight usually takes a little over an hour.
How to Get from Anchorage to Fairbanks
- Car – It’s at least another 6-hour drive north back to Fairbanks from Anchorage via AK-3 North.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Anchorage to Fairbanks in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Anchorage at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Fairbanks at 4:00 p.m.
- Airplane – It takes just under an hour to take a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Flight costs come in around $150-$300, and there’s an average of 6-11 flights per day.
Let Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks Be Your Guide!
Whether you’re looking to find your way around the state, want information about the Northern Lights or the Fairbanks Ice Museum, or you’re shopping for the best new vehicle to get you there, the team of Alaska locals at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks is here to help you out! Contact us directly at (907) 885-0345 any day of the week, or stop by the dealership to check out our current lineup at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
If you’re in need of a rugged pickup that can do it all on Alaska roads, then you’ll be impressed with how much you can haul with the expanded 2021 GMC Sierrabed sizes. With several cab options with various cargo measurements, you can find the perfect fit for your next job with this sturdy…
While the 2021 Buick Encore presents plenty of versatility for your Fairbanks commute, it also provides added strength with the 1,000-pound towing capacity you’ll have on the GX model. Built with stellar engineering along with a range of towing and safety features to support you, there’s plenty of ways to take on work and…
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity is 13,300 pounds when properly equipped. Not only is the Chevy Silverado towing capacity impressive, but this truck is also built stronger with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame. Learn more about the new Chevy Silverado towing capacity with Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks today! View 1500 Models Contact Us View All Trucks…