How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage & from Anchorage to Fairbanks
Whether you’re looking for the best restaurants in Fairbanks, or tips on removing the snow from your driveway without salt, Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks is your guide! So, if you’re planning a trip, use this helpful guide from our staff to help you find your way from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Car – Without any stops, it’s about a 6-hour drive to Anchorage from Fairbanks via AK-3 South, including a scenic drive along the eastern edge of the Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Fairbanks to Anchorage in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Anchorage at 6:15 p.m.
- Airplane – There are around 7-11 flights from Fairbanks to Anchorage every day, with a price range of around $150-$300 for a regular coach ticket. The flight usually takes a little over an hour.
How to Get from Anchorage to Fairbanks
- Car – It’s at least another 6-hour drive north back to Fairbanks from Anchorage via AK-3 North.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Anchorage to Fairbanks in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Anchorage at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Fairbanks at 4:00 p.m.
- Airplane – It takes just under an hour to take a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Flight costs come in around $150-$300, and there’s an average of 6-11 flights per day.
Let Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks Be Your Guide!
Whether you’re looking to find your way around the state, want information about the Northern Lights or the Fairbanks Ice Museum, or you’re shopping for the best new vehicle to get you there, the team of Alaska locals at Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks is here to help you out! Contact us directly at (907) 885-0345 any day of the week, or stop by the dealership to check out our current lineup at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks
The GMC Canyon is a midsize pickup truck that has the necessary power and premium features to get you around North Pole and beyond. Trim levels for the 2022 GMC Canyon start at $26,800 and come in 3 different trims that Fort Wainwright drivers can select from when visiting Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks. Find out more about GMC Canyon…
Looking for a family-friendly sedan in North Pole that meets your driving needs and then some? When it comes to car shopping, matching for personality fit is equally as important as hard, cold specs. It’s with that in mind that we offer the following exposé of 2022 Chevy Malibu colors. Whether you’re looking for information on…
This first-ever all-electric 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV will be the first of its kind and sure to impress! The electric truck power, electric Silverado range, and electric Silverado horsepower are all unique aspects of the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV that make it one of the most anticipated pickup trucks in the market. At Chevrolet Buick GMC Of Fairbanks, we’re…