How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage & from Anchorage to Fairbanks
Whether you’re looking for the best restaurants in Fairbanks, or tips on removing the snow from your driveway without salt, Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks is your guide! So, if you’re planning a trip, use this helpful guide from our staff to help you find your way from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Car – Without any stops, it’s about a 6-hour drive to Anchorage from Fairbanks via AK-3 South, including a scenic drive along the eastern edge of the Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Fairbanks to Anchorage in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Anchorage at 6:15 p.m.
- Airplane – There are around 7-11 flights from Fairbanks to Anchorage every day, with a price range of around $150-$300 for a regular coach ticket. The flight usually takes a little over an hour.
How to Get from Anchorage to Fairbanks
- Car – It’s at least another 6-hour drive north back to Fairbanks from Anchorage via AK-3 North.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Anchorage to Fairbanks in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Anchorage at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Fairbanks at 4:00 p.m.
- Airplane – It takes just under an hour to take a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Flight costs come in around $150-$300, and there’s an average of 6-11 flights per day.
Let Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks Be Your Guide!
Whether you’re looking to find your way around the state, want information about the Northern Lights or the Fairbanks Ice Museum, or you’re shopping for the best new vehicle to get you there, the team of Alaska locals at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks is here to help you out! Contact us directly at (907) 885-0345 any day of the week, or stop by the dealership to check out our current lineup at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
The new GMC Acadia interior offers the perfect blend of utility and luxury to soothe any North Pole driver. The GMC Acadia seating has room for seven and all will ride comfortably with a bevy of amenities surrounding each passenger. You can bring all of your friends, family, and gear along on your next Fort Wainwright adventure…
The 2020 GMC Yukon towing capacity reaches up to 8,500 pounds, and this SUV in general offers impressive performance and design elements that other full-size SUVs simply cannot match. You will be sure to turn heads in your sleek and powerful Yukon whether you are hauling cargo through North Pole or seamlessly towing a trailer on…
When properly equipped, the Chevy Silverado 2500 can tow an impressive 18,500 pounds. The new 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD won’t let you down, whether you are working hard on the Fort Wainwright jobsite or taking on weekend DIYs near Eielson Air Force Base. Learn more about the Silverado 2500 build options below to select your next work truck. …