How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage & from Anchorage to Fairbanks
Whether you’re looking for the best restaurants in Fairbanks, or tips on removing the snow from your driveway without salt, Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks is your guide! So, if you’re planning a trip, use this helpful guide from our staff to help you find your way from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Car – Without any stops, it’s about a 6-hour drive to Anchorage from Fairbanks via AK-3 South, including a scenic drive along the eastern edge of the Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Fairbanks to Anchorage in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Anchorage at 6:15 p.m.
- Airplane – There are around 7-11 flights from Fairbanks to Anchorage every day, with a price range of around $150-$300 for a regular coach ticket. The flight usually takes a little over an hour.
How to Get from Anchorage to Fairbanks
- Car – It’s at least another 6-hour drive north back to Fairbanks from Anchorage via AK-3 North.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Anchorage to Fairbanks in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Anchorage at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Fairbanks at 4:00 p.m.
- Airplane – It takes just under an hour to take a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Flight costs come in around $150-$300, and there’s an average of 6-11 flights per day.
Let Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks Be Your Guide!
Whether you’re looking to find your way around the state, want information about the Northern Lights or the Fairbanks Ice Museum, or you’re shopping for the best new vehicle to get you there, the team of Alaska locals at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks is here to help you out! Contact us directly at (907) 885-0345 any day of the week, or stop by the dealership to check out our current lineup at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
General Motors (GM) owns GMC (General Motors Truck Company). GM is an American auto manufacturer known for its heavy-duty pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles, such as the GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado. GMC is one of GM’s many subsidiaries, which includes Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and more. Learn more about the GMC brand, manufacturing plants,…
The 2019 GMC Yukon can tow up to 8,500 pounds. This full-size SUV delivers incredible performance so you can drive down the North Pole streets in complete control with confidence. Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks has details about the new Yukon‘s towing abilities, so you can see how easy it is to tow your trailer around Fort Wainwright. New GMC Yukon Contact…
If you are interested in something fun to experience in the North Pole area of Alaska, check out the Northern Lights. After dining at a Fairbanks restaurant or spending a night out on the town, the Northern Lights could be a fantastic end to your evening. If you find yourself in the area during the Aurora…