How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage & from Anchorage to Fairbanks
Whether you’re looking for the best restaurants in Fairbanks, or tips on removing the snow from your driveway without salt, Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks is your guide! So, if you’re planning a trip, use this helpful guide from our staff to help you find your way from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Car – Without any stops, it’s about a 6-hour drive to Anchorage from Fairbanks via AK-3 South, including a scenic drive along the eastern edge of the Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Fairbanks to Anchorage in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Anchorage at 6:15 p.m.
- Airplane – There are around 7-11 flights from Fairbanks to Anchorage every day, with a price range of around $150-$300 for a regular coach ticket. The flight usually takes a little over an hour.
How to Get from Anchorage to Fairbanks
- Car – It’s at least another 6-hour drive north back to Fairbanks from Anchorage via AK-3 North.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Anchorage to Fairbanks in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Anchorage at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Fairbanks at 4:00 p.m.
- Airplane – It takes just under an hour to take a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Flight costs come in around $150-$300, and there’s an average of 6-11 flights per day.
Let Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks Be Your Guide!
Whether you’re looking to find your way around the state, want information about the Northern Lights or the Fairbanks Ice Museum, or you’re shopping for the best new vehicle to get you there, the team of Alaska locals at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks is here to help you out! Contact us directly at (907) 885-0345 any day of the week, or stop by the dealership to check out our current lineup at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
There are four exciting trim levels available for the new GMC Acadia: the SLE, SLT, AT4, and Denali. Moving up the line, North Pole shoppers will find new additions like a powerful V6 engine, high-end interior features, advanced technology, and so much more. So, which of the 2020 GMC Acadia configurations is right for you? Find…
Searching for a tough pickup truck that won’t hold you back on North Pole job sites? The new GMC Sierra 2500HD is up to the task. When properly equipped with a 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine and a Crew Cab, the 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 towing capacity can reach up to 18,500 pounds maximum. Learn more about…
For the 2020 model year, there are four unique Buick Encore configurations available for North Pole shoppers to choose from, each with an array of desirable equipment and technology to aid you on daily commutes. Learn more about all four Buick Encore trim levels with Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks, then visit us in Fairbanks for a test drive! New…