How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage & from Anchorage to Fairbanks
Whether you’re looking for the best restaurants in Fairbanks, or tips on removing the snow from your driveway without salt, Chevrolet GMC Of Fairbanks is your guide! So, if you’re planning a trip, use this helpful guide from our staff to help you find your way from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Car – Without any stops, it’s about a 6-hour drive to Anchorage from Fairbanks via AK-3 South, including a scenic drive along the eastern edge of the Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Fairbanks to Anchorage in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Anchorage at 6:15 p.m.
- Airplane – There are around 7-11 flights from Fairbanks to Anchorage every day, with a price range of around $150-$300 for a regular coach ticket. The flight usually takes a little over an hour.
How to Get from Anchorage to Fairbanks
- Car – It’s at least another 6-hour drive north back to Fairbanks from Anchorage via AK-3 North.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Anchorage to Fairbanks in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Anchorage at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Fairbanks at 4:00 p.m.
- Airplane – It takes just under an hour to take a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Flight costs come in around $150-$300, and there’s an average of 6-11 flights per day.
Let Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks Be Your Guide!
Whether you’re looking to find your way around the state, want information about the Northern Lights or the Fairbanks Ice Museum, or you’re shopping for the best new vehicle to get you there, the team of Alaska locals at Chevrolet GMC Of Fairbanks is here to help you out! Contact us directly at (907) 885-0345 any day of the week, or stop by the dealership to check out our current lineup at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK.
More from Chevrolet GMC Of Fairbanks
The HUMMER EV 3X Pickup offers a bold and distinctive way to switch to the EV lifestyle. Equipped with plenty of raw power, iconic HUMMER styling, and class-leading features, this truck is sure to revolutionize all your drives in North Pole, Fort Wainwright, and beyond. Here is a quick overview of some of the 2024 HUMMER…
The best way to keep your vehicle running smoothly on the North Pole roads is to bring it in for regular service. Fortunately, the service center at Chevrolet GMC Of Fairbanks can take care of everything! From oil changes to battery inspections to fluid replacements, we’re equipped to handle anything from routine maintenance to emergency repairs. Service…
The GMC Canyon is a midsize pickup truck that has the necessary power and premium features to get you around North Pole and beyond. Trim levels for the 2022 GMC Canyon start at $26,800 and come in 3 different trims that Fort Wainwright drivers can select from when visiting Chevrolet GMC Of Fairbanks. Find out more about GMC Canyon…