How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage & from Anchorage to Fairbanks
Whether you’re looking for the best restaurants in Fairbanks, or tips on removing the snow from your driveway without salt, Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks is your guide! So, if you’re planning a trip, use this helpful guide from our staff to help you find your way from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
How to Get from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Car – Without any stops, it’s about a 6-hour drive to Anchorage from Fairbanks via AK-3 South, including a scenic drive along the eastern edge of the Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Fairbanks to Anchorage in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Fairbanks at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Anchorage at 6:15 p.m.
- Airplane – There are around 7-11 flights from Fairbanks to Anchorage every day, with a price range of around $150-$300 for a regular coach ticket. The flight usually takes a little over an hour.
How to Get from Anchorage to Fairbanks
- Car – It’s at least another 6-hour drive north back to Fairbanks from Anchorage via AK-3 North.
- Bus – There are several bus options that can get you from Anchorage to Fairbanks in about 8 hours or so.
- Train – The Denali Star leaves Anchorage at 8:15 a.m. and arrives in Fairbanks at 4:00 p.m.
- Airplane – It takes just under an hour to take a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Flight costs come in around $150-$300, and there’s an average of 6-11 flights per day.
Let Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks Be Your Guide!
Whether you’re looking to find your way around the state, want information about the Northern Lights or the Fairbanks Ice Museum, or you’re shopping for the best new vehicle to get you there, the team of Alaska locals at Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks is here to help you out! Contact us directly at (907) 885-0345 any day of the week, or stop by the dealership to check out our current lineup at 3300 S. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, AK.
More from Chevrolet Buick GMC of Fairbanks
If you are on the hunt for a capable and comfortable SUV, the new GMC Terrain deserves the top spot on your list. The 2020 GMC Terrain interior is loaded with innovative technology, state-of-the-art convenience features, and robust cargo space. The flexible GMC Terrain seating options allow for five to ride comfortably and for…
If you are locked in on owning the powerful 2020 GMC Sierra, you are likely no stranger to hard work. The Sierra 1500 offers an expansive truck bed, rugged capabilities, and innovative safety features to handle any North Pole task. To complement these features, the 2020 GMC Sierra colors allow you to dress up your workhorse…
Trucks are as unique as the hardworking individuals who own them. Truck bed sizes are no exception and can range in size to accommodate the needs of North Pole drivers. So, what is the bed size of the Chevy Silverado? Depending on which Chevy Silverado model you choose, your truck bed size will differ. Read on…